Monday, July 11, 2011

DAY ONE HUNDRED! WOOT!

Nothin' like a little stomach bug to derail, well, everything. FUN-ity fun! Don't fret, I'm all better now (but skinnier - BONUS!). This is my ONE HUNDREDTH POST!!! (cue fireworks and can-can dancers... confetti canons...go!) Over the next week, I'll be taking a look back at what's worked, what decidedly hasn't, and where to go from here. And awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay we go!
  1. Conditioner - Lube of All Trades! I've switched to coconut oil as conditioner/moisturizer/makeup remover, etc. Works great! For mowin' the walkers? Dr Bronners, baby!
  2. Buh-Bye Books! I've used my friendly neighborhood library for everything from bestsellers and ebooks to audio books, and it's saved me a mint! Bought the young 'un a few, but that's because he liked to eat them, and I'm sure the library wondered who was gnawing on their board books.
  3. Financial Failure - my finances are still way. too. complicated. Revisiting!
  4. 6 Small Meals Per Day - ahem....revisiting this also (it's been more like 6 small meals per hour...)
  5. Got rid of my face potions - just Dr B's and avocado oil, and danged if I don't look younger! Helloooooo twenty early thirty-something!
  6. Down to Dr B's, coconut oil, a razor, & a hair brush in the shower. Only thing that would make it simpler would be to give up showering all together! Hmmmm...
  7. Chucked a bunch of shoes - WIN! My feet might be ugly, but they're happy.
  8. I laughed so hard I wee'd a little when I read that I was actually going to attempt to limit my internet time to three 15 minute segments each day. Good one. Perhaps that means I should look at this again? EEEW - I smell skunk! Sorry - tangent. It's just really weird to smell a skunk in Queens.
  9. The pared down wallet thing actually stuck! Me likey.
  10. I don't go to bed when I should. It just feels so Deliciously Naughty to stay up past my bedtime! Of course, it feels Totally Le Poo the next day, but still....
  11. Still traveling spare, and trying to teach Sebastian how to load a luggage cart.
  12. I still look like a Frumpty Dumpty, but only 50% of the time instead of 100% - that's a 50% improvement in my hotness, people! Score.
  13. Slowly making the switch to nude and black undergarments only. Prerequisites: they must cover my derriere, be mostly cotton, and lacy enough so that if I'm in an accident, people won't say things like, "Poor dear, she gave up hope!".
  14. I actually need to go get re-fitted for boulder holders, but what's the point until after the boobs are "retired" from active duty? (for those of you who've just tuned in, extended nursing. I don't make my living off them or anything. THAT is a funny thought.)
  15. I wound up keeping my Shape and Oprah subscriptions (I actually read them), but someone keeps giving me a subscription to Rachel Ray Everyday Something and I can't figure out how to cancel it. Great recipes, but I only make one every 25 days, and we just don't eat that many burgers. Seriously - who eats that many burgers?
  16. Lost my Gruve somewhere along the way. Saw that one comin', didn't you?
  17. I still don't know where the hell all my time goes.
  18. Will always love my crock pot, but it's lying cold and lifeless until fall, when it will be resurrected in all it's cozy, warm, yummy glory. 
  19. Still keeping the meds to a minimum (bourbon doesn't count, right?).
More soon - it's a lot to slog through. Nite nite! And WHERE is that skunk smell coming from? Outside... definitely outside....

No comments:

Post a Comment