Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day One Hundred - Part Two

Before we jump back in, I must tell you that Sebastian is eating wasabi peas. While wearing noise-canceling headphones. In the nude. It's just so awesome.

  • still not sanitizing anything, and I'm thrilled to report that we haven't succumbed to The Plague
  • still flying with Flylady and using the nifty natural cleansers
  • I still hate strollers (though I use one when I need to... eh....), and have taken to using a baby leash. More on this (and the fantastically dirty looks I get) soon!
  • I've abandoned practically all coupon clipping in favor of using that time to grow my business. Someday when I have an intern (or in a few years when I can really put the young 'un to work), I'll clip again!
  • my sewing stash is out. of. control. I still have way too much fabric. I'm sewing my very first tiny dress for a friend's little girl. Sebastian doesn't know it yet, but he's going to be wearing said dress this afternoon when I have to adjust the fit and hem it. I might take pictures.
  • I still maintain that you have to childproof for the child you have. We saved a TON by getting creative (shutting doors, hiding the toilet plunger on top of the refrigerator, etc.) and only buying stuff to fix long-term safety issues or things that were making us googly-eyed crazy.
  • we've done pretty well keeping the toys to a minimum. Sebastian loves stupid little cars and trucks more than anything in the world, so that was easy.
  • all my "things with cords" live in or around the charging station. Still haven't gotten around to putting everything on a power strip that I turn off at night to save electricity. WHY? Why haven't I done this? Maybe today.
  • Sebastian still has a love/hate relationship with the vacuum cleaner, which he calls "The BACOO!"
  • my desk is still clean!
  • it's summer, so my hair is always up, but my cut is really good. Next, I'm gonna add a big blond streak (a la Rogue from X Men, NOT like Cruella DeVille or a skunk. I hope.)
  • still think memories are the best gifts! Pictures, adventures, homemade love. Gimme!
  • not baking quite as much bread now that the mercury is soaring, but ya'll - I got goooooooood. Can't wait for fall to really start in again! My very favorite? A velvety olive spelt loaf that was pure heaven when paired with a goat cheese Gouda from TJ's.
  • my computer is all cluttered up again, but I've already started deleting files. More on this one soon - I can't be the only one suffering from e-clutter!
  • I have gotten way better at taking care of the little drive-you-crazy things (the picture that needs to be hung, the pile of magazines, the petrified food bits clinging to the high chair, etc.)
  • my hall closet is still (mostly) clean and clutter-free
  • I broke every single one of my New Years Resolutions in a week and was totally OK with that
I'll be wrapping up this (no doubt fascinating) retrospective next time, and then it's back into the fray. Sebastian has just upended an entire bucket full of beans onto the kitchen floor. Don't ask. Happy Saturday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment