Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 28 - Ode to My Crock Pot

Until Sebastian is old enough to be farmed out for hard labor, I have the next best thing -an indentured servant, my crock pot. Seriously? I throw a bunch of heaven-only-knows-what in there in the morning, and by the time dinner rolls around, I have delicious, gourmet heaven-knows-what. For example, tonight I'm making Crisper Soup - you take whatever looks like it's about to go south in your crisper, add chicken stock & herbs, turn on your slow cooker, and puree half when it's done. The result is waaaaaaaaay yummier than you'd expect. So, from here on out, I'm making everything I can in my crock pot, and doubling the recipe to freeze it.

If you're new to crock pot cooking, I highly recommend checking out Leanne Ely's site Saving Dinner. She has some AMAZING options: menu mailers (she emails you weekly crock pot recipes complete with a grocery list), freezer menus (you assemble the recipes & freeze them), e-books, and more. I'm a big fan!

No comments:

Post a Comment