Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 34 - Come Fly With Me

This morning I was held for ransom by a dust bunny the size of a jackalope. It rolled into the living room, threw me to the floor, and demanded that I hand over my Miracle Mop... or else. Thankfully, Sebastian came to my rescue, and the dust bunny met an untimely demise in Sebastian's mouth. That's right people, my son ate a dust bunny this morning. Now, he didn't actually swallow it - I used the Jaws of Life to pry his mouth open so I could fish it out. But it got me thinking: I should probably clean more (gee, ya think?). It's time to get back on the Flylady bandwagon.

What is Flylady you ask? It's not a what, it's a who, and she's awesome. If you have ever despaired of getting ahold of your home, if you're living in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrom), I highly recommend her website. I won't explain it all here - if you're interested, check it out - but the gist of it is that you gain control of your home 15 minutes at a time through routines and quick "missions". Your home is divided into zones, and, once you've finished decluttering (ie finally getting rid of that ceramic cat - yes, that one), you begin the process of keeping it clean & peaceful. I'm hopping back on the bandwagon after taking a hiatus to regain my sanity after having my son - it's high time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go do battle with The Crud on My Countertop - it's been giving me a funny look all day, I think the dust bunny may have given it ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment