Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Slippery Slope

So, the hubby and I are enjoying a little getaway (from work, not from the young 'un), and are holed up here in the Finger lake region of NY for the week. We're staying in my in-law's cabin, and I have to keep thwarting the compulsive urge to go through the cabinets, shelves, and drawers to organize everything. Such is my OCD. Anyhoo....
Today's exercise in simplicity began where all good days begin: in the shower. Being as we're a-travelin', I have teensy bottles, jars, and pots of all my lotions and potions because HEAVEN FORBID I should skip my three step skin care regimen for even one night. It was Leg Shaving Day and, of course, I had no shaving cream. I read in some women's oracle that one might substitute conditioner for shaving gel, so now seemed like the perfect time to try it. Hand me a band-aid hon? Great results! Which got me thinking: what other fabulous uses for conditioner are floating around out there? Turns out, it's a Lube of All Trades.
- shaving gel (we've established this already)
- makeup remover
- leather polish
- door hinge un-squeaker
- stainless steel shiner
- fabric softener
- use it to wash your delicates (I am NOT making this up)
- dissolves band-aid glue to get them off easier
- rub on tools to prevent rust
- slather it on toast for a delicious breakfast treat (OK, I am making THIS up)

... and many more!
So, assuming this is true, I can get rid of my shaving gel, fabric softener, delicate wash detergent, and makeup remover. Obviously this won't work for you if you use an expensive conditioner, but I'm a cheapie gal at the moment, so woooooooo-hoooooooooo! Tomorrow? Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment