Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day Ten: You've Got (too much) Mail

Oh email email email, WHAT did we do before email? In so many ways, life is easier and so much more fun with our electronic correspondence; I mean, who among us wants to give up the happy hours we fritter away surfing fail blogs or "researching"? Not I! But, a funny thing happens to all that free time you once had before you became a mom: it seems to evaporate in a cloud of diapers and squished peas. I can now only google you  myself once a week or so, and I still find that I'm spending WAY too much time plugged in. So, in the name of reclaiming the minutes (...OK, hours) that I should be spending darning socks or churning butter or whatever it is I should be doing with my days, I am (gasp!) limiting my internet time to three 15 minute segments per day. AFTER I google how to darn socks and churn butter....

No no, don't try to dissuade me! I am steadfast! You cannot lure me with chain letter forwards, viral videos, or snarky facebook updates - I will not be shaken! I am resolute. Yes. Resolute. Hmmmm... well, maybe a few more minutes wouldn't hurt.... I do need to comparison shop for butter churns, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment