Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 46 - Fabulous Weekly Wrap-Up!

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope your little goblins scored a ton of candy (for you to snack on when they're not looking). So, this week I:

- meditated on the frantic side of busy
- tackled the monumental task of organizing my fabric stash - 16 boxes worth! I barely survived
- enjoyed Halloween with my little monkey and ate every piece of his candy (oh hush, he's only 13 months old - he can't have candy)

Next week, I'm tackling the coat closet, Things with Cords, and my junk drawer - yee hah. This evening, I'll leave you with a Halloween tale from my childhood. When we were young, my mom would send us trick-or-treating with a group of the neighborhood kids. We would make the rounds, trying to hit every single house with the porch lights on, and making sure to visit the Cramers twice (they always gave full sized Hershey bars). Our neighborhood of Pine Lakes was aptly named, lined with huge pine trees, acres of shrubs, and fabulous twists and turns. Each year, my mother would dress in some bloody, gory costume and hide in a ditch until we'd walk by; then, she'd jump out and scare us to the point of wetting our pants. It was so awesome! One year, we took a bit of a detour, and she hid in a damp ditch for almost two hours waiting for us - that's commitment! Even better? When someone pulled over because they thought she'd been hit by a car; she had to explain to them that no, she was just lying in a ditch to terrorize her children. Here's to childhood, and getting scared silly by the ones who love you the most!

3 comments: