Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 47 - The THING in the Closet

Sebastian is obsessed with the vacuum cleaner which lives in our hall closet. When I say obsessed, I mean alternately terrified and fascinated. You see, on the rare occasion when I actually vacuum something, he follows me around OH-OH-OOOOOOOH-ing in his very best "I am the alpha baby" voice trying to intimidate it (never works - the vacuum just looks at him). He's now dexterous enough to open the hall closet, which he does on a daily basis, JUST to yell at the vacuum cleaner. It's awesome, and one of these days I'm going to get it together enough to video it so I can show it to his prom date.

Onwards. Today I tackled my hall/coat closet. I was pleasantly surprised to find a minimum of stuff for Purge-atory. In fact, the most taxing thing I did was put all those free-floating hats, gloves, and ear warmers in a hanging bag - whew! Had to lie down afterwards. I was hoping to pare down to the most minimal of coat wardrobes, but NY has 4 distinct seasons ( most years...), and a small range of coats really is a necessity if you don't care to freeze or wilt. So, I purged two and kept five (one down, two wool, one jean, and one mod embroidered).

Well, I'm off to vacuum something since I've gotten The Thing out of the closet. Perhaps I'll chase after some little toes...

No comments:

Post a Comment