Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 103 - Podcasts Are Nifty

Guess what? My husband is home today, Wednesday, and Thursday while the BS tour is in town (that's Britney Spears, ya'll). WOOT! So, short post today!

Podcasts - awesome. For the reader who is not well-versed in Scary Techie Terms, a podcast is a form of internet broadcasting. They can be recorded by anyone (individuals, companies, radio stations like NPR, etc.), and you'll be thrilled at the scope and variety and the FREE-NESS of it all. You can learn Spanish, listen to radio shows you missed, catch up on news, even download the sermon from last week's church service that you skipped because you were watching The Real Housewives of New York sick.

You don't have to have an iPod to listen to them (though it's mighty handy) - you can listen via computer, or any device that can download and play back files. If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, go to www.iTunes.com and see what's cookin' (I know there are other places to get them, but I'm not researching it right now - my husband's home). What's in my podcast library, you ask? NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me", Manic Mommies, some Joyce Meyer, Satellite Sisters, and more.

And WHY is this simple? I dunno, I suppose it's technically not. I just really love being able to select the media I put in my head - it's fun, and deliberate. Plus, I don't have to slog through commercials - BONUS! Now, if you'll excuse me, mah hubby is home, and I'm going to enjoy every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment