Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 54 - Pass the Tissues

My poor computer got a virus, and is NOT expected to recover. Now, to be fair, it lived a long and productive life, right down to the peanut butter and toast crumbs nestled in the keyboard, but this was its swan song. My husband worked feverishly through the night to recover essential files, but here's what's so unexpected: instead of a crushing sense of impending doom, I felt... relief? Yes, a little bit of relief! Once he had rescued the really important things - pictures, videos, music, and a very few documents, I had a Simplified Computer! You see, for weeks I've been trying to rid myself of extraneous files, random folders, etc only to be foiled by "what if...." . What if I need that alphabetized list of Superfoods? What if I can't find the names of the seventy five bodice-rippers I want to read next summer? And what about my recipe for lobster thermidore (yeah, right)? Turns out, much like physical clutter, e-clutter weighs you down. I'm waiting for my new computer, and have resolved not to clutter it up. Much. Tomorrow, I'll be sure to tell you all about the Great and Epic Bread Saga!

1 comment:

  1. My laptop died due to a forgotten cup of coffee and a little elbow.

    ReplyDelete