Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 77 - Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend... Or Not

Well, Dear Readers, I have spent the week pulling Sebastian off tables and desks, rescuing him from bookshelves, and prying scissors out of his sweaty little hands. Yes, it has happened. We have reached The Climbing Phase. Life as we know it is over. I'm just going to curl up in a ball in this corner and - WAIT! SEBASTIAN! GIVE ME THAT MACHETE RIGHT NOW AND GET DOWN FROM THE COUNTER! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, GET DOWN GET DOWN GET DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN! .... such is our week.

In between plucking Sebastian from the curtain rods and catching him in mid-air after a flying leap off the couch, I had 30 seconds to pare down my jewelry. I mean really pare it down. I limited myself to:

- two pairs of earrings - one set of studs and one set of hoops
- two bracelets
- seven necklaces
- several sentimental/valuable pieces (wedding & engagement rings, grandmothers butterfly pin, etc.) that I will never part with

And that's all, folks! The result? I'm wearing stuff that I love every day, and special pieces are actually being worn instead of slacking in my jewelry box. I was worried that weeding out so much from my wardrobe would send me running for the hills with boredom, or make me a little "shoppy" (my husband always cringes when he hears that word). But in all honesty, I feel like I have more to wear, not less. I feel light and breezy, and am starting to sound like a feminine freshening product commercial, so I'll stop here.

My challenge to you, Dear Reader? Take a deep breath (or a mojito/Xanax/cabana boy, whatever does it for you) and pack away 90% of your wardrobe. You don't even have to get rid of it! Just put it "away" - boxes, trunks, storage, wherever. If you hate having less? Swap some stuff out and see if it makes a difference. Still hate it? Say $@*% my blog and pull all your stuff back out, then go shopping just for spite (be sure to email me pics of the Chihuahua you buy to go with the Paris Hilton-esque booty shorts and halter - I love dogs). Happy weeding!

Get doooooooooooooooooooown!

No comments:

Post a Comment