Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 67 - My New Husband

This past week, every spare moment was spent sewing two of these:
Fancy Avatar-Inspired Costume

And when I wasn’t sewing, I was cooking and pureeing in my New Best Friend (almost typed New Breast Friend… that’s a whole other blog, people). All hail the VitaMix! What is the VitaMix you ask? Why, only the Cadillac of blenders. It is quite simply superb in every way, and I love it love it love it. And no, they’re not paying me to say that. It blends (duh), chops, whips, shreds, mixes, shovels snow, you name it. And it is making my life WAY easier.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. Amish women don’t use VitaMixes (actually, they might if they can hook it up to a gas-powered engine/generator thingy - depends on how strict their community is. But, I digress). I use my VitaMix to get my fruits and veggies because, for some reason, it’s easier to drink them than it is to eat them. So far so good – I’ve only made one really gross drink which I’ve dubbed “The Pond Scum”. I’m not sure why I thought tomato, onion, broccoli, and avocado would yield something delicious, but it was honestly one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever deliberately put in my mouth… Sebastian liked it, but he likes everything. In any case, the VitaMix has a motor strong enough to power a lawnmower, so it pulverizes ice like it was butter, and the fiber stays in all your juices. As a mom, I can confidently say that more fiber = better poops.
I can also grind grain for bread, coffee beans for The Magic Elixir of Life, whip up foam for my cappuccinos, and make fresh sorbets. Now, if I can just get it to say that I look ten pounds thinner, I may take it on a second husband. So, this has allowed me to chuck my blender, food processor, assorted grinders, milk frother, and juicer (OK, I didn't actually have one of those, but if I DID, I would be able to purge it). Oh look – Sebastian is pawing through the garbage. I should probably put a stop to that.


No comments:

Post a Comment