Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 92 - Oh, Just Slap Some Goo On It Already....

Last week, I slathered an overpriced goo on my face that smelled like chemical death, had the color of charcoal, and the consistency of phlegm - all in the name of beauty. It promised to completely resurface my skin, make it glow, dissolve my wrinkles, and raise my IQ. Did it work? You be the judge.


Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. It occurred to me, as I was spackling this stuff all over my face, that perhaps I shouldn't be using things that smell like death and iron the wrinkles out of my skin. Maybe that's not The Way Things Ought to Be. And let's be real - even when a friend of mine got Botox, I didn't notice - I'm not convinced other people really notice these things anyway. Try this - the next time you get a zit, instead of trying to cover it up, highlight it with a marker & see how long it takes someone to mention it. So, banking heavily on the oblivion of others,  I tackled my skin care.

1) Replaced my cleanser with good old Dr Bronners - face, body, hair. Awesome.
2) Replaced my Evil Smelling Charcoal Colored treatment/moisturizer with pure avocado oil (so far, I actually like the results better!)
3) Replaced my body lotion with food-grade coconut oil, and I am glowin', people!

So now, I'm slicking myself up with coconut oil, using corn starch as powder, hippie crystal deodorant rock on the pits, Dr Bronners as all-over soap, and homemade hair-styling products (another time - I found some great recipes). Hell, I'm probably days away from never shaving my legs again, dousing myself in patchouli, and taking a looooooooooong ride on the granola train. I've gone from 20+ personal care products to under 10, all costing less than $25 total, and it's all Natural-Like.

And now, for an amusing glimpse into this first week with the hubby out on tour:


Well, of course one wears a monkey backpack while
climbing into the toilet! Yes, I took the time to go get a camera.

Can you spot the toy that doesn't belong?

Completely conked out during rehearsal. He was so cute I almost ate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment